Featured Slider

Saturday, November 17, 2012

50 Shades of Santa


My first time playing with the Drunken Stampers!  Funny, seems like I should have opened a bottle of wine when I started.  But, then again, who knows what the card would have looked like at the end!  hahahaha  That really didn't put me in a good light, yet I do enjoy a good Merlot!  Who knows, maybe it would actually help me get more organized so I'm not always posting at the last minute for a challenge.  <sigh> 

Too many challenges, too little time!  Today the Hubs and I went grocery shopping for the Thanksgiving week, leaving the store with two carts of food.  Two hungry college boys coming home to be fed!  We rushed home just in time for me to drive to Chapel Hill to take Ben to dinner and then attend Round 2 of the NCAA Women's Soccer Tournament.  UNC women trampled (sometimes literally) the women from Illinois 9-2.  In all fairness, one of those 9 goals was actually made for us by one of the Illinois players!  It happens.  Course it was freezing out and of course, Ben wore NO jacket, NO gloves, and NO hat!  What's a mother to do?  Warned him about getting sick next week on his break and then made him promise to take a hot shower when he was back at the dorm. 

So back to the card ---


I really like it now that it is done.  It's a shame I didn't have time to do more to post for the challenge, but I'm thinking I will still make some more like this. 



SPIES:
Stamp:  Santa (Stampers Anonymous).
Paper: White and black cardstock.  DP-Me&My Big Ideas Black and White Flock.
Ink:  Versamark and black emboss powder.
Extras:  Black ribbon, snowflake, silver cap button.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous card!!!
I love your black and white take on a Christmas card!
Thanks for playing along with us for the Fifty Shades of Grey at Drunken Stampers this week!!

Barbara Godden said...

Wow awesome card, Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers for the 50 shades of grey challenge

Jackie said...

What a fun card! I love the detailing and how you did thus ribbon. Thank you for joining us at the Druken Stampers Challenge!

Jackie, Drunken Stampers DT

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE it! B&W is always classy, and you knocked it out of the park :)
As for hungry teenage boys - we are just starting on that feeding frenzy, and already I think that a) we are going to be very broke by the end of these years and b) we may as well just get a shovel to keep by the fridge. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Nance, what a great card! You've truly embraced the 50 shades of grey challenge! Thanks for playing with us Drunken Stampers this week and hope to see your work again!

Hugs

Spike

Donna said...

Hi Nance!
Wanted to let you know that your awesome Fifty Shades of Santa card was selected as the "Life of the Party" winner this week at Drunken Stampers!! Congrats!
Stop by the blog to snag the "Life of the Party" badge for your blog!
Hope you'll play along with us again!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Nance, this colour scheme is fantastic. I love the ribbon with the snowflake and the button is a perfect finish :).