Featured Slider

Monday, July 7, 2014

Cool Days!

Good Morning, Monday!

Hope everyone in the U.S. had a safe and happy 4th holiday weekend!

Today, it's time for 




This week is an
Inspiration challenge!

Here is your inspiration: 



Make sure you stop by The Pink Elephant Challenge Blog and check out the rest of the Design Team's inspirational projects.  Then, create a paper project inspired by this week's photo and link it up to share with us.  

We love when you play along!


Here is my card I created from the photo:


SPIES:

STAMPS: Fish & bubbles - Sea Critters (Recollections); Tiny heart - Flopsey Bunches of Hearts (My Favorite Things); Sun (Jenni Bowlin); Sentiment-Little Bits of Summer (Taylored Expressions).
PAPER: White cardbase; Red cardstock; DP - Summer Bliss (Echo Park); Chevron DP - Recollections; Clear plastic;
INK: Copics on image; Brillance Sunflower (Memento); Black Tuxedo (Memento).
EXTRAS: Large bubble emboss folder (Cuttlebug); Banner die (Reverse Confetti); various sequins; red baker's twine; blue button.



When I started thinking about my card for this week's inspirational challenge, first popsicles came to mind but I wanted to stretch my creative mind a bit.  Then, sunshine and fish came to mind.  Then, I wanted to do something not so typical, so I thought a shaker on a tag kind of like a fish bowl effect. I stamped the fish and bubbles on white cardstock and colored with Copics.  You can't really see, but a couple of the bubbles are hearts.  The tag I drew out using the tag die from Reverse Confetti, just outlining it on cardstock and elongating it a bit. For a little extra texture, I partially embossed the bottom right corner of the card.  I love how the card turned out!


For Following Challenges:






Pink Elephant Blessings!

x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

10 comments:

Rosanne said...

Such a sweet card, love the little fish in the shaker. Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon.

Gerrina said...

Great shaker-tag-card! Love the bright colours and totally understand the way you choose all elements on your card! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

Nonni said...

This is so cute! I love your shaker-tag and the fun layout of this card. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Kristie said...

Adorable summer card!! I love the little fishy and shaker you created.

Joanne said...

Amazing card! Congrats on being featured at Little Red Wagon!
Joanne xo

Lori Turner said...

Love this, Nance!!! Super cute shaker tag!! WTG!

Stacey Schafer said...

what a delightful card, Nancy! love the brightness and fun!

Stacey Schafer said...

did I just call you Nanc-y! so sorry, Nance!

Taunya Butler said...

THIS IS UTTERLY DELIGHTFUL!!!! I am so impressed with the clever, and oh, so creative touches this card has!! So well done - I am a fan!!

sandie said...

congrats for getting HM at out TIME OUT challenge x