Featured Slider

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Autumn Thanks






Happy Fall to ALL!  My first post in about four months.  And, it has been an eventful three months for sure, not what I was expecting or planning!  Explanation to come soon, but for now, a card for the Tuesday Morning Sketch and Color Throwdown challenges.

I love the effect I got here with the Autumn Silhouette stamp set.  I had embossed the background DP but you can't really see it but it does add a little texture to the card.  Thanks to the September 2012 issue of CardMaker for the technique I somewhat used to stamp my trees and pop out squares.  Love the fall colors of Color Throwdown.  And the Tuesday Morning sketch was perfect with it.  However, I have to say, the card is very reminiscient of another project I did earlier in the year making a calendar insert.









SPIES:
Stamps:  Autumn Silhouettes (Kanban); Sentiment-So Much Thanks (Fiskars).
Paper:  Buttercream & chocolate cardstock; DP: Farmhouse (Crate Paper).
Ink:  Pistachio (Memento); Scarlet, Sunshine (stash); Orange (Colorbox); Timber Brown (Staz On).
Extras:  Emboss folder (Couture Creations); postal edge (Spellbinders); Red elastic twine; red, yellow, gold gems.

So until next time...

Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.  ~Elizabeth Lawrence
 


5 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful fall card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Melissa Craig said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors, so brilliant! I also like this technique - beautiful. So glad you've posted again. I hope everything is OK. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Angela said...

Really pretty...love the fall colors and your embellishing! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Cheryl said...

Stunning!!! OMGosh, I am loving everything about this card! The little popped up squares in different colors, the tree with all the bling, and the postage stamp border all come together perfectly! Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week! Hope you play along again!

Laura said...

Gorgeous card! I especially love the gems on the tree in the center! Thanks for joining the fun at Tuesday Morning Sketches!