Featured Slider

Monday, January 30, 2012

Birthday Chic


A special birthday card for a special Mom -- my mom!  She will be 78 years young on Tuesday, Jan. 31st.  We are 400 miles apart so I don't get to see her often, but we talk several times a week.  She is probably my closest friend.  I have been wanting to try out the Eiffel Tower die and her card seemed the perfect time to put it to use. The Eiffel Tower to me is a symbol of timelessness and classic beauty and my mom is also that to me.

I used the sketch from City Crafters this week and it just pulled everything together beautifully.



SPIES:
Stamps: Sentiment - Hero Arts.
Paper:  White cardstock; Silver shimmer cardstock; DP from stash;
Ink:  Cotton Candy.
Extras:  Eiffel Tower die cut and swirl die cut (My Favorite Things); beaded oval die cut (Spellbinders); scallop circle die (Spellbinders); emboss folder(Cuttlebug); corner punch; lace ribbon; craft pearl string; pink tulle; clear gems; pink flowers.

Happy Birthday, Mom!

2 comments:

Ros said...

It doesn't get any more Chic than this ... totally stunning!! and your Mom is going to love it! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card.. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!