Featured Slider

Monday, September 3, 2018

CAS Christmas September Challenge

Good Afternoon, Monday!

So it's September now, beginning of a new month, so beginning of a new monthly challenge over at
CAS Christmas Challenge!

This month I am your hostess!  

I chose "Wreath" for September's theme. 
 

Are wreaths a part of your home holiday decor?  I've been known to hang one in every room for Christmas at least, even the furnace room.  If there's a door, there's a Christmas wreath hanging.  

My card today I really love!  I decided I wanted to do layered metallic embossing.  I used a wreath die by Catherine Pooler.  I first applied Versamark to my wreath and then applied a layer of WOW Fine Gold emboss powder.  I added two more layers of gold.  Next, I took a Versamark pen and dabbed it on each of the berries of the die, working in bits, as I went around the wreath and then added silver emboss powder from Stampin' Up.  I did this two more times a well.

For the card panel, I used a background stamp, BFF, from Catherine Pooler and just stamped it in Versamark and applied clear emboss powder (only once here). I wanted just a slight pattern.  Then, I die cut the stitched peek a boo square in the middle. 

I set a white cardbase in my Misti, then laid the stamped/die cut panel on top of a card base and placed my sentiment stamp inside the peek a boo hole to center it on the cardbase.  Took off the top panel, used my embossing buddy and then stamped the sentiment with Versamark before embossing it with the same silver emboss powder.  

Finally, I cut a panel out of adhesive craft foam the same size as my die cut panel and cut out the die cut in its middle and adhered it to the bottom of the panel to raise it up for some dimension.

We have some fabulous projects this month from all of our DT and our wonderful September Guest Designer, Birgit.  

So stop over to the CAS Christmas Challenge blog and check them out and leave them some blog love on their blogs as well!  We Designers love blog visits and comments too!

Since there's now less than four months until Christmas, why not come play with us and add to your stash of Christmas cards or get started if you haven't. Ink up, die cut, emboss, etc, just remember to keep it CAS!  You can participate as many times as you would like, just with a new card each time.  Who knows, you may be a Guest Designer one month!

You have until September 24th to play along with us.

Card Supplies:
STAMPS: Background stamp - BFF (Catherine Pooler); Sentiment - Here We Come A Caroling (Winterhaven SOA Catherine Pooler).
PAPER: Neenah Solar White Cardstock. Adhesive white craft foam (Michaels).
INK: Versamark
EXTRAS: Wreath die cut (Catherine Pooler Winterhaven SOA); Stitched Rectangle Peekaboo die (My Favorite Things); Clear emboss powder(WOW); Super Fine Gold emboss powder(WOW); Silver emboss powder (WOW). 

CAS Christmas Card Blessings!

14 comments:

Colleen said...

Nance, I totally love how you used this wreath die. The embossing makes it so elegant! I am going to remember this, I love it!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Nance! I love that you clear embossed the pattern in the background. It's subtle and adds elegance to the card. Your (layered) heat-embossed wreath looks fantastic! Adding the silver to the berries with a Versamark pen is a great idea. I should remember that. Thank you for hosting a fun challenge this month! Hideko xx

Julia Aston said...

the gold and silver embossing is just beautiful on your lovely wreath Nance!

Bonnie said...

Your wreath is SO ELEGANT, my friend! I love how you've put it over the peek-a-boo window with the sentiment, the subtle stamping behind it and that sweet bow! Great challenge my friend!

Trina P. said...

Gorgeous and elegant, Nance! Love the gold and silver combo. Great idea to heat emboss multiple layers... I thought your wreath was a die cut. xx

Loll said...

Gorgeous wreath Nance! Adding the layers of embossing makes your holly wreath look like metal. The silver berries look amazing as well. Lovely over the stitched peek-a-boo window die. Great job picking a wonderful challenge. xx

Linda said...

Nance, what a gorgeous gold and silver wreath encasing your lovely sentiment. Hope you have a great week.

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card....your Christmas wreath is so beautiful!

Christine Alexander said...

Wow Nance, your wreath looks so elegant with your layered embossing and love the touch of silver (great technique)

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous heat embossed layering with gold and silver embossing powders, Nance. I love the depth and texture you created. Wonderful peek a boo window for your sentiment too. Your subtle heat embossed background is such nice creative touch too. TFS your beauty and hosting a fun challenge. Hugs..Nancy

Susan said...

Love this card - especially the way you did the heat embossing with the silver on the berries, and the way you placed the wreath around the stitched opening!

Leslie Miller said...

This is amazing! A beautiful die with so much texture and dimension from the embossing. That Versamark pen came in very handy for this. Love it over the pinpoint frame window, too.

Mac Mable said...

Love the layering of the metallic embossing powders, looks absolutely stunning x One classy and unique card x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So many gorgeous details here, Nance! Just love the golden wreath over the peek-a-boo window! Perfect with the subtle background! Thanks for a fun theme this month!!