Featured Slider

Sunday, October 15, 2017

PKD Thanks

Hello again!  

Sharing a special post here.  Some of you know, I have PKD (polycystic kidney disease) along with about 600,000 other Americans, and between 7-15 million worldwide.  I'm lucky, mine is very mild, so I may never need dialysis or a kidney transplant.  Many others are not so lucky.  I have a sister, Jody, not by blood, by PKD.  She has PKD too.  We met online when I shared a thank you card on the PKD website.  I wound up making her a bunch of them to send to people who had donated to her walk.  I gave them to her as part of my donation to the walk.  This year she is walking in two different walks in two different states.  So I made her some more cards  and here they are.

I used stamps by Catherine Pooler - the feather from the Naturally Inspired SOA Collection and the painted "thanks" sentiment by Neat & Tangled from the Beautiful World SOA Collection.  The ribbon die is by Verve Stamps.  The rounded stitched mat is Lil' Inker Designs and the scalloped mat is by WPlus9.  I used Catherine Pooler ink - Aquatini, Lime Rickey and Pixie Dust.  I chose those colors because they are in the PKD logo on their site.

If you would like to donate to PKD, you can go to my team page, Stamp Out PKD where I am raising money and donate there.  If you want to learn more about PKD you can go to the main website here.


Thank You Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Your thank you cards turned out beautifully, Nance! I know Jody is thrilled to get these! I love the multi-colored feather! Such pretty colors!