Featured Slider

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Sand Dollar Prayers

Happy Hump Day!

I've finally managed to do a little crafting, even with one hand in a brace with tenosynovitis.  It's a good thing it's my left hand, since I'm right-handed, it's not too awkward or painful.

Where has the summer gone, not to mention the year? Mine has been crazy with family commitments and I'm now back home for a good long while, hopefully, and trying to get back in my craft room regularly.  I mean Christmas is just four months away almost to the day!   

So with that said, here is a card I did for CAS Mix Up Challenge. Finally getting another chance to play in it.  I have new summer stamps/dies I haven't had a chance to play with so I'm extending my summer and possibly a lot of my fall cards will have a summer flare to them as well! 

Stamping - Sprays - Die Cuts - Wet Embossing

I started by using a Spellbinders Impressabilities, Sea Scape plate as a stencil over watercolor paper.  I sprayed Heidi Swapp Color Shine Coral and Pink onto the stencil and soaked up the excess.  In doing so, I got flecks of a light green as well as the pink and coral colors.  I cut a sand dollar die (Reverse Confetti) from watercolor paper sprayed with the same colors then added a vellum cut sand dollar on top with a sequin on top of a piece of white cardstock cut with a Spellbinder decorative edge die. The sentiment is from Stamplorations and was stamped in Versa mark and embossed in gold powder to finish off the card.

For Following Challenges:



Stamping Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

4 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Nancy. Such a soft and pretty summer beachy card. Fantastic design with great techniques. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Bonnie said...

I love this sand dollar and the lovely shells, Nancy! Great spray! Love that color and a fantastic layout too! So glad you could share this with us at CAS Mix Up!

nancy littrell said...

Your card design, colors and spray turned out beautifully Nance. So glad you got a chance to play in CAS Mix Up again. TFS Hugs, Nancy

Susan said...

Beautiful use of the sprays - such a soft summery colour! Love the beach theme and the great die cut sand dollar. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.