Featured Slider

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Polar Christmas

Happy Sunday!

Ok, that's a little strange for me to be saying.  Usually, I'm busy crafting and have no time to do postings!  I wanted to get this card in with Merry Monday.  So I can finally say I've played Merry Monday!  YAY!



My background was done with Brushos.  A couple weeks ago, I went over to Bonnie Klass' house (she's a fellow Cary-ite) and go to play around with her Brushos.  Now they're on my Christmas list!  They are sooooo cool and fun!  It's amazing to watch the color just burst when you sprinkle the powder onto water soaked watercolor paper or to sprinkle it on watercolor paper and then squirt water onto it.  She also showed me a technique using spray starch instead of water.  Makes the colors a little more vibrant.  I came home with a nice stack of backgrounds to use like I did here or to use with die cuts, which I will do shortly.  The colors I used for this background were all blues, if you can believe it.  When it mixed with the starch, flecks of purple and black appeared.  

The stamps I used are from Mama Elephant Memory Box, "Gnome for Christmas." I used a bit of Snow glitter on the tree and hill and diamond Stickles on the sky to make it glimmer a bit.  Yeah, I'm a little "old school" in that I only have one Wink of Stella pen and it's gold.  So, I stick with my Stickles for now.  I used a Heidi Swapp stencil to make the snowfall.


Christmas Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

3 comments:

francesca said...

oh this bear is so cute and sweet!! Lovely card!! :)

Bonnie said...

This is absolutely adorable, Nance! You put that background to a perfect use! Love the sweet bear and the snowfall! Not much longer til Santa brings those Brushos! I'm so glad you shared with us at Merry Monday. Do come back!

Becca Cruger said...

Oh wow! This is sooo cute!! That brusho sky turned out so vibrant and pretty! Adorbs