Featured Slider

Monday, June 22, 2015

Thinking of You ---Thinking of You --- Thinking of You

Good Morning again!

It's time for 

It's a Sketch - TPE #304

Stop by Ella's blog and check out the rest of the Design Team's projects -- Super fun! 

And don't forget to leave them some blog love too! 
πŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’š
Then, link up your card using our sketch this week and play along with us!

Here's my card:
Picture if you will a neon sign blinking relentlessly late at night when you read my post title!  LOL  I'm went NEON again!  I used them to sponge up the background using a Heidi Swapp stencil. Then, I decided to make a tag so I used my Reverse Confetti tag die and cut a white tag and vellum tag.  I used the neon ink to stamp flowers (Taylored Expressions) and fussy cut them. I also used some neon embossing powder too on the sentiment.  The leaves are Taylored Expressions die cut out of neon paper.  I set it all on a black background and used a black seam binding ribbon (Paper Sweeties) and some enamel dots to finish off the tag.  Just call me a NEON freak right now!   I'm not sure, but maybe next week I'll try and figure out how to add flashing lights!  hahahaha  

My inspiration for using the neons came from this week's The Card Concept.  I thought it would look cool for Ella's sketch to stencil a bright and colorful background to kind of take center stage.  By the definitions it probably falls  into the Classy & Elegant with a twist of Clean and Graphic and Freestyle.  There's no specific neon/loud category.  LOL

For Following Challenges: 



PiNK Elephant Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

4 comments:

KimCreate said...

I like your interpretation of the challenge. Lots of vibrant color! Very pretty.

Sheri Gilson said...

What a bright & cheery card, Nance! You nailed the sketch and inspiration challenges in one fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Card Concept! ❤️

Geri said...

You seriously fussy cut the flowers??? Wow - awesome job! I bet you earned tons of gold stars in grade school for cutting!!!

Love, love, love the neons! Don't they just make you smile? Full of fun & whimsy...just like your design! Nice pop of contrast in the black ribbon! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCC :) Happy crafting!

Indy's Designs said...

I am loving these neon colors! The black bow provides a nice contrast! Can't wait to see the flashing lights you add next week! LOL