Featured Slider

Monday, June 8, 2015

Sunshine & Coffee


It's that time again --- 
another Coffee Lovers Bloghop!  YAY!

I'd had hoped to link up on opening day, but it didn't happen.  I've been working on this card for about a week.  I kept moving things around, going back and forth with different things.  Then I had to say just "do it"!  I'm not sure I'm satisfied with it, but sometimes you just have to go with it. 

 You know, I love coffee and tea, (mostly coffee). I drink at least 3-4 cups a day, sometimes as many as 6!  We don't use just one flavor either.  I'm a dark roast drinker and the Hubs is a light roast drinker so we each have about three different bags each in the freezer.  Hey, we like to have choices. He likes milk or creamer in his. I like mine as dark and powerful as I can get it and without fluff (milk or sugar).  Maybe I have a frappuccino or latte once in a while, but usually I take my coffee fully leaded, as my dad would say!  LOL  

So, now that my coffee preference has been known, on to my card --- 

 I was playing around with different sprays and mists and this is what evolved.  I was going for a graduated look on the background.  I wound up using some old Glimmer mist sprays and some Dylusions watered down.  The sunburst is a die from Papertrey Ink using paper I sprayed with a yellow Glimmer Mist. The "sunshine" sentiment is WPlus9 and cut from the same homemade paper.  The "Coffee" sentiment is Verve Stamps.  My coffee cup stamp is an old set from Fiskars and I think the sunglasses are Inkadinkadoo, both stamped, colored with Spectrum Noirs and fussy cut.  I added glossy accents to the glasses and just to the heart on the cup.  Then added some crystal Stickles to the steam.  I know Wink of Stella is popular now, but I'm a "use it til it's gone" gal so I haven't gotten on that band wagon yet. 

Coffee Loving Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

27 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Nance, love your water color background! Another day to hop, enjoy it!

~amy~ said...

Sunshine + Coffee = ♡
Thanks for joining us for the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop♡

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

How wonderful. Coffee is such a ray of sunshine. I love your shades!! TFS

Kelly said...

fabulous card. the rays are perfect for the theme of the hop.

Karenladd said...

Love how the elements really stand out against your beautiful soft water colored background! Well done!!

Lori Kobular said...

Love that gorgeous blue background you created! That sunshine is awesome too!

Kimberly Rendino said...

The little sunglasses are the perfect addition! Very cute card! :)

Connie Mercer said...

nice touch clipping the sun rays!!!! Sooooo CUTE!!!

New Creations said...

Wonderful, love the misted BG with sunrays!

Hetty said...

What a wonderful and sunny card. I just love how you added the sunglasses.

D.Ann C said...

Gorgeous background and the rest POPS!

Shelly said...

Fun and Fabulous card!

Happy Dance said...

Gorgeous background and a richly colored sunburst. Sweet sentiment and love that coffee cup with those bitty sunglasses on the saucer. And while I've posted one card, Mr. Mojo has "left the building," and I'm coming up empty on a second card. But I'm loving yours! Bev

anja curvers said...

Wow such a great card love the summery feeling.

wendy said...

really great love the sunburst

Annette Allen said...

awesome background.. cute card..

Indy's Designs said...

This is so wonderful! Love the sun rays and colors, and well all of it!

Milka Gubo said...

Beautiful card :-D

Becca Cruger said...

I hate those cards that seem to be STUCK in my brain. But I think you've successfully unstuckified it because this is inky gorgeousness at it's finest. Beautiful!

Annie said...

Great card! Beautiful background and I love the sunglasses! Thanks for sharing! ~Annie

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so perfect for the summer blog hop, I love it.

Ceal said...

Great card, love the design

Brandi R said...

Beautiful and so fun! ♥

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous! Love the background and awesome die cuts and stamps! Your Craft Buddies on the sidebar are adorable too!

Unknown said...

Stunning card! Love the colours and the rays!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! Love all the bright colors! And, sometimes you just need that extra sparkle you get from Stickles.

Patry Ro said...

Hi Nance!!! This is AWESOME card!!! Simpli I LOVE IT!!! TFS!!!