Featured Slider

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Awesomeness

Happy Thursday!

I have a quick post this early morning ---

I've been playing around with distress inks again while participating in the new class, "In The Mood" over at Stamp Nation.  Such an inspirational community of stampers! 

I got inspired by the Dreamy Rainbow section of the class as well as the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch.

I soaked up some watercolor paper and then using a small stamp block, I applied various distress inks one or two at a time to the block and then pressed the block onto the paper.  I was going for a rainbow pattern starting with Seedless Preserves, Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick.  Then I cut a butterfly out of the middle using my fancy butterfly die from Impression Obsession replacing the colored butterfly with a black decorative one.  I versamarked and embossed the sentiment (from Stamplorations) with white emboss powder, cutting it from a label die.  I popped up the label and butterfly frame onto a black patterned background of cut squares.  The final touch was some candy dots from Stampin' Up. 

For Following Challenges:


Awesome Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

10 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE your card, Nance! I think this board was one of my favorites but then again I love all of the boards! :)

Becca Cruger said...

Houndstooth has to be my favorite print and pairing it with that inky rainbow background was an absolutely genius design move! So bold and beautiful!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty! And I love that sentiment, too! Great take on the sketch!

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous card Nance! I just popped over here from Stampnation. I have looked at the boards but not made anything yet from the class. Nice to meet you!

Hannelie said...

Bold and oh so beautiful!
Thanks for playing at CASE this sketch!

Aunt Mary said...

I love this card and the use of the candy dots is perfect

Maureen Merritt said...

This is so pretty. The colors are SO vibrant. I'm so glad you are inspired by our In the Mood class!

Heather North said...

Wow! Your bright rainbow card really caught my eye while I was looking through the Dreamy Rainbow section of the In The Mood classroom. I had to come see how you did that colorful background for your butterfly. Thanks for the fabulous instructions. I love the candy dots you used in rainbow order for your finishing touch!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning, Nance! Thanks for participating on the boards!

MezzoKat said...

Neat idea to use a black butterfly--the colours really glow!