Featured Slider

Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy Birthday, Ella!

Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend celebrating love with friends and family!  I know many feel left out of Valentines Day if they are single, but truly, friendship is the best kind of love out there and so everyone should have a friend to love and be loved by!  Just my 2 cents worth.

On to topic --- 


BIRTHDAY Theme

On February 9th, "Ella" and The Pink Elephant Challenge celebrated it's 6th Birthday!

In honor of TPE's birthday this month, this week's winner will be Guest Designer for the month of March with Ella and all of us at The Pink Elephant Challenge!  YEA!

So pop over to the TPE blog and check out the rest of the team's projects and be sure and link up your own for a chance to be part of the team in March!  It's so much fun!

Here's my card ---

I recently found some neon emboss powder and was going to play along in another challenge a couple weeks ago and then didn't.  So, I thought it would be fun to finally try it out for this week's card for Ella's Birthday theme.  It turned out pretty well I think.  The neon orange doesn't work as well as the other colors for some reason.  I used the party hat stamp from Taylored Expressions, stamping in Versamark each time and then embossing with the powders.  I decided to fussy cut two of them and pop them up. I found neon paper in my stash too for the background purple and die cut streamers from it the neon paper as well. The sentiment I die cute into the purple background and then cut 3 more purple ones and a neon green one to pop it up more on the card.   Very eye popping and bright, huh?  Sometimes you just have to go bright!  LOL

For Following Challenges:

PINK Elephant Birthday Wishes!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

4 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Love that bright neon zing against the black! It's so festive!

Nina Dee said...

Wow! You do neon so well! :)

Hannelie said...

Perfect for a fun birthday!
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

shirley-bee said...

Love those neon hats! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)