Playtime Winter Penguin

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Hello again!

I told you I was back-logged.  What I didn't tell you is that I did an epic FAIL, you know like in one of those photos on Facebook?  The digital image on my card (below) was the freebie on the 2 Cute Ink Newsletter this month. I'm on the design team for 2 Cute Ink and was SUPPOSE to have my card done earlier last week.  I did it about five days ago but it got piled in a stack to post online and well....the Facebook challenge ended yesterday.  Winners were announced today. Um, clearly I need a new organizational method come the New Year....that will be at the top of the resolution pile!  lol

SPIES:
STAMPS: Playtime Winter Penguin Digital stamp (2Cute Ink).
PAPER: White cardstock base (Core'dinations).  Cotton candy pink cardstock (Bazzill).  DP -Secret Santa (K&Company).
INK: Onyx black on sentiment (Versafine);  Copics on image.
EXTRAS: Doily die (My Favorite Things); Tag die (Sizzix); Stitched circle mat (Lil' Inker Designs); snowflake emboss folder (Cuttlebug); white sequins; snowflake button; Frosted Lace Stickles; white flocking powder, hammer.

Anyway, here it is and just in time too for the challenge I made the card for.  Thank goodness it's still going on !  

I used one of my fave techniques with my embossing on it.  If you haven't seen this technique, I put just part of my cardbase in my emboss folder, took a small craft hammer and lightly pounded the folder in random areas to emboss just parts of the card.  I love this look.  I got it from Arielle Gordon a while back on her blog.  She's one of those trendy go-to gals I'm always being inspired by!

At any rate, stop by 2 Cute Ink and sign up for the monthly newsletter.  Each month there is a free digi that everyone is encouraged to use and enter the monthly challenge on Facebook.  Check it out!  

For Following Challenges:

CAS on Sunday - #48 Sketch

Holiday Blessings!
 photo signaturesmall_zpsbe1728fc.jpg

3 comments :

Linda Beeson said...

I love the sweet and simple embossing and that great red tag

Anja Curvers said...

Adorable, so sweet. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Janneke de Jong said...

What a cute card ;o)

Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs