Featured Slider

Monday, August 11, 2014

Birthday Stenciling

Happy Monday!

Monday --- 

A Funday due to another Pink Elephant Challenge! 


- Use a Stencil


Stencils are a popular trend right now in papercrafting.  However, stencils have been around for a long, long time.  I used to use them in painting and other crafts.  If you don't have any stencils, however, you can still play along!  

You can also search Google or YouTube for tutorials on making your own stencils and/or using other items as stencils.  

On my card (below), I chose to use a die cut for my stencil.  

Read below for how I did this.  

Be creative and have fun with it!  That's what it's all about !  

And don't forget to link up your project and share it with us.  

We love it when you play along!

Also, check out my fellow Design Teammates' projects too as they used different techniques.




SPIES:
STAMPS: Small cake (Hero Arts); Sentiment- Wishes (Fiskars).
PAPER: White cardstock (Papertrey Ink).  Yellow textured cardstock (Core'dinations). Vellum (Recollections).
INK: Versamark and yellow/gold emboss powder.  Lemon ink for stencil (SEI).
EXTRAS: Border die (Impression Obsessions); Large banner die (Lil Inker Designs); white grossgrain ribbon.


I got some new supplies last week and had to try some of them out.  One of them was this fabulous border die from Impression Obsession.  So pretty!  I have a couple of stamping stencils but I decided to use this new die cut and make a matching stencil background at the top of my card.

All I did was cut out a "stencil" using thick white cardstock and the die cut.  Then, I lightly taped the stencil on my card background, used a paint/ink sponge dabber and sponged Lemon ink.  Then, I carefully lifted the stencil off the paper.  I did two rows of it so I had to be careful the second time and not pull off the ink from the first row.  I love how it turned out!  A great way improvise for a stencil and another great use of a die cut!  I also used a bit of the die as a die for the very top of my card.

FOR FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:


Toppings:  Monochromatic Yellow


Pink Elephant Blessings!


x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

No comments: