Featured Slider

Monday, April 21, 2014

YOU

Good Monday Morning!

Did you have a pleasant Easter Sunday?  

Eat lots of jelly beans and chocolate bunnies?

Well, if you are burnt out on bunnies and eggs, 
check out today's challenge at 

The Pink Elephant Challenge!


This week's challenge
is a 
technique!


Watercolor Technique

There are a lot of watercolor techniques out there in the paper crafting world so there is no one technique.

You can use watercolor pencils, watercolor crayons, gelatos, dye ink, or plain ole watercolors!

I used my Dylusions spray ink and water and a brush for my project.  Only after I was done did I remember I have watercolor pencils and watercolor paints!

Guess that's an indication I need to use them more often!  LOL

I even recently bought some gelatos but I need to play around with them a bit more. 

So here is my card:



SPIES:
STAMPS: Sentiments on watercolor(Inkadinkadoo); You Sentiment - Stash
PAPER: White cardbase. Green cardstock for leaves; DP -Dolled Up (My Mind's Eye).
INK: Dylusions Spray ink; Tuxedo Black & Bamboo Leaves-(Memento).
EXTRAS: Leaf Die (Taylored Expressions); Clip die (Taylored Expressions); Label die (Reverse Confetti); Doily; Pink Chevron ribbon (Pretty Pink Posh); flowers (Prima); homemade enamel dots.

I used my pink, red, yellow and orange colored Dylusions inks and just painted them on watercolor paper with a brush, mixing them as I went.  Then, I used a flicking technique to flick a little bit of green here and there.  I made a larger sheet of the painted background to have plenty to play around with.  Like I mentioned above, there are lots of different watercolor techniques.  PaperCrafts' current Stamp It issue has a section on watercolor techniques using different mediums.  

I also used homemade enamel dots on my card.  I saw a tutorial on how to do this.  Very easy!  Just take some of those plastic beads and melt them down!  Much less expensive than the packs sold from different venders!  Click HERE for the tutorial.


Now, stop over at 
and check out
 my fellow design team member's projects 
as everyone has fabulous cards 
using different techniques!

Then go give a try at the watercolor technique
and link your project 
at 

We love to see your creations!

My card is for the
Following Challenges:





Pink Elephant Blessings!
x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

7 comments:

Lori Turner said...

This is so pretty, Nance! I love the bright colors and all the flowers :) I sold all my watercolor paper/crayons/pencils a while ago LOL...I guess I need to invest again :P Have a super week!

Cindy said...

Love the colors! So bright, it makes me smile! Thank you for joining CC&CC. Hugs, Cindy

Mayras Designs said...

This is so pretty !!! Wonderful design !! Hope you have a wonderful day !!
Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, Nance, this is AWESOME! I love the bold colours (those Dylusions are spectacular!) and all the fun 3D elements!

Sheri Gilson said...

This is so pretty, Nance!! I love the fun bright colors and all the fabulous layers!! Wonderful take on this weeks challenge!!

Anonymous said...

wow I absolutely love your card and everything about it , totally awesome !!!Thanks for joining CC&CC # 63 Spring DT - Crystal

Leanne said...

Wonderful job, bright and pretty, love those flowers, and the sentiment is great. Thanks for entering our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, very nicely done!

Leanne DT@4CC