Featured Slider

Monday, March 31, 2014

King of Kings

Happy Monday!


It's time for a Pink Elephant Challenge!





This week's challenge is a Technique:

Chalkboard Technique 

Here is my card:



SPIES:

STAMPS: Sentiment (Taylored Expressions); Cross (Inkadinkadoo).
PAPER: Black, lavendar, plum cardstock; DP - Stash.
INK:  Moonlight White (Tsukineko)
EXTRAS: Emboss folder (Anna Griffin); Banner punch for crown (Spellbinders); lavender fringe ribbon; purple gems.

I love the chalkboard technique!  And there are a couple ways that you can do it depending upon the look you want. Usually I've done it using Versamark ink and white emboss powder.  This time I used my Brilliance Moonlight White fast-drying pigment ink.  It comes out brighter than regular chalk type ink or plain white ink.  The crown is made from a Spellbinder banner die that I cut into a small piece.  I first wanted to use a piece of purple velvet material to drape around the cross, but it didn't look right to me.  So, I wrapped a bit of the same fringe ribbon used on the bottom around the cross.

For the Following Challenges:


Pink Elephant Blessings!
x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

2 comments:

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh, this is a fabulous design. The chalkboard technique is perfect for this particular stamp, and I love the accessories that you used to embellish it, and the royal purple, too. This was a very well thought out design! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Mayras Designs said...

This is a stunning card ! Beautiful sentiment and colors !

Hugs,
Mayra