Featured Slider

Monday, March 10, 2014

Irish Wedding Song

Happy Monday!

Wow, I had only one post in the past week.  Guess that's what happens when you cram 4 doc visits (3 human, 1 vet) and 3 med tests in a two week span!  Glad to have all my annual visits done but it sure makes for a hectic two weeks! Then the Hubs and I went out of town for the weekend to visit old church friends we hadn't seen in 13 years and hear our former pastor preach in a new church.  A wonderful weekend, but now I'm catching up on my crafting, blogging and other life responsibilities while being partially distracted with our youngest son traveling halfway across country with 3 buddies on a spring break trip to Austin, TX.  Ah, the joys and wonders of college road trips!  Only this time I'm on the parent side, not the one on the road trip! LOL

But back to present things--

Today is time for another 




This week we have is an Inspiration Challenge 

with a great inspiration photo:



Here is my project:

SPIES:

STAMPS: Celtic cross (stash); butterflies (Fiskars). Song/music image (Musicnotes.com)
PAPER: White and dark green cardstock. Background DP from stash.
INK: Cottage Ivy (Momento).
EXTRAS: Label die (Sizzix Framelits); Doily circle die (Taylored Expressions); Swirly flourish die (My Favorite Things); aqua green prima flowers; shamrock button.

This will sound odd --- About half my background is Irish and yet I have very few St Patrick/Irish stamps or Irish craft paraphernalia.  Why, I don't know.  Anyway, at my wedding, almost 24 years ago, my uncle sang The Irish Wedding Song, which is one of my favorite wedding songs.  And, I've been wanting to make some kind of framed collage art with the music of it to have with our wedding photo and the shadow box that holds my veil and bouquet.  So I finally decided to do it. 



I have the sheet music somewhere in a box but I went ahead and downloaded it from Musicnotes.com.  I reduced the size of the music then printed it out.  Then, I typed up some of the verses in a decorative font on the computer to use as the "sentiment".  

I have had the celtic cross stamp forever.  It is part of a rubber set of celtic stamps that is one of my first stamp sets I've ever bought years ago.  

Here is a photo of it hanging on the wall.  I need to get a small silver shadow box to put it in and a larger silver shadow box for my veil and flowers.  They are a bit cramped in the current one. 



For Following Challenges:



For SOS I used 3 Flourish dies, 2 stamped butterflies and one shamrock button.




Irish Blessings!

x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

6 comments:

Amy A said...

Nance, this is GORGEOUS! Love the verse and the music sheet in the BG. Perfect design elements too. Thank you for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges.

Amy~DT

Denise Price said...

Wow, what a great idea to make wall art with the song lyrics. I have never heard this song before, but your design definitely looks Irish.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love all the green!! Love the green flowers too.. this is gorgeous!! Absolutely beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

Mikha Adriani said...

OMGOSH!!!This is just adorable!! I love how you used every single dies here. Seems perfectly fit for your projects!
Thanks for playing along at Open-Minded Crafting Fun! Wish to see you again next time ;)
Hugs, Mikha

Crafting Vicky said...

what a great memento! Love the details you have put for this frame. It's really a great idea!

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.