Featured Slider

Monday, March 3, 2014

Happy Birthday

It's Monday, Monday, Monday!

I hope wherever you are it's more spring like than anything!
It was here yesterday and now it's back to Brrrrrrrr! March always seems to be fickle about what weather it wants!

But never fear --- cause the best thing about Mondays is
another 
Pink Elephant Challenge!


YEA!

TPE Challenge #240!

This week's a theme:
Birthdays!

If you are like me you never have enough birthday cards on hand.

Below is my card for inspiration and don't forget to stop by the Pink Elephant Challenge blog and
check out my fellow DT's projects.
They all always have some fabulous work!

SPIES:
STAMPS: Gifts and sentiment (Taylored Expressions).
PAPER: Kraft cardstock base.  DP - Hip Hip Hooray!(We R Memory Keepers).
INK: Morocco, Teal Zeal, Sunflower Yellow (Momento).
EXTRAS: Banner die (My Favorite Things); Sentiment Label die (Reverse Confetti); Big label (Sizzix Framelits); Scallop circle die (Sizzix Framelits); Stars, present ribbon & streamer (Taylored Expressions); Large dot emboss folder (SIzzix).

I used the sketch at CAS(e) This Sketch this week.  Not sure how CAS I am but oh well.  I used a lot of elements from my monthly kit from Taylored Expressions.  February's kit was Birthday Bash (how appropriate is that?).  I also used a technique shown by Arielle Gordon with my emboss folder.  If you don't want to emboss the entire paper, you can slip your paper in the emboss folder, take a small hammer or mallet (I used my old Sizzix mallet), and pound the folder where you want the embossing to come out.  Just be careful, pounding can be stress relieving and get you carried away!  LOL  I had a couple "pinches" in my paper where I hit too hard.  But, "ssssh!" they're covered up!  LOL

I hope you will join us this week at 
The Pink Elephant Challenge 
and share your birthday projects!

For Following Challenges:





Pink Elephant Blessings!

x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

4 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Love this bright and cheery birthday card girl! Have a super week ahead! xoxoxo

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet & colourful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Sian Ridley said...

Oh wow! I love how bright and fun this card - it would brighten up any birthday! ;)

Susie W. said...

This is such a bright and cheerful card. Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)