Featured Slider

Monday, March 17, 2014

Blooming Happiness


Happy St. Patrick's Day!


May your day be touched
by a bit of Irish luck,
brightened by a song in your heart,
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love.
~ Irish Blessing

Hope you are wearing green

 and maybe 

partaking of a little green beer 

or other 

green beverage/food!

The Hubs and I will be celebrating at our neighbors tonight at their annual St. Patrick's Party (they're Irish) and to have my annual Irish Coffee and a wee bit o' Irish Whiskey! The only kind of whiskey I like, which isn't saying much because I don't like whiskey.  lol  It will be a great time with great food (they cook everything) and catching up with neighbors.
But before the shenanigans begin, 

 today's a new challenge  

over at 





It is a recipe challenge ---




Recipe:
Lots of Layers - Ribbon - Pinch of Green

So stop by The Pink Elephant

and check out 

all the other 

Design Team members' fabulous projects!

Here is my project I did ---



 SPIES:
STAMPS: Digital Sentiment (TLC Creations).
PAPER: Kraft cardbase;  Olive green and pink cardstock.  Vellum. DP - Vintage Bliss (Simple Stories).
INK: White Sharpie (for faux stitching).
EXTRAS: Camellia flower die (MFT Stamps); Leaf die (Taylored Expressions); Label die cut from Stash; Label die for vellum sentiment (Spellbinders);  Butterfly dies (Spellbinders Mixed Media); Enamel dots (Recollections); grey ribbon. 

I used the sketch at Deconstructed Sketch since it has lots of layers in it.  I like the layered look.  It takes me a bit to get into it sometimes  It tends to stretch my creativity a little more and this past week I sure needed it! Lost my mojo a bit.  I blame it on too much winter and too much life "stuff". Even my "feng shui" in the house is off kilter.  

So I chose these bright and spring-y papers to dust off the winter drear, creatively.  And, just yesterday I saw lots of trees around Cary bursting with blossoms so spring is here in bits and pieces!  

I hope you will play along with our Recipe Challenge this week.  We love to see your creations and be inspired as well!


For Following Challenges:


Blooming Blessings!


x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

2 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Very pretty Nance!!!! I love the spring colors and that flower and butterflies are beautiful! Have a super week :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful spring time creation, Nance! Love the colors...the flower and butterfly are perfect accents!