It's Never Too Late

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Good evening!  What a Wednesday!  A nice mild day in the 50s here in the Triangle of NC. The Hubs and I took the dogs out to not 1, but 2 parks and had a picnic.  We even treated them to cheeseburgers and frostys!  

In keeping with the nice weather, I have a bright and cheery card this evening:


SPIES:
STAMPS: Background design (October Afternoon); Seal (Jenni Bowlin); Girl image (Jenni Bowlin); heart stamp (Recollections).
PAPER: White, navy and red cardstock.
INK: Tuxedo Black (Momento); Mustard (Staz On); Paris Dusk (Momento); red emboss powder.
EXTRAS: Red baker's twine.

I didn't realize until I was finished that this card is pretty much all stamping, except for the twine.  The background stamp is new, I got it just before Christmas and haven't had a chance to use it until now.  The seal or pinked circle stamp is also fairly new, blog candy from The Paper Girls Blog Hop this past fall, and I hadn't used it until now either.  I love how it turned out!  I was originally going to put a sentiment inside but then, I saw my set of hearts sitting on my desk and used one of them instead!    The twine is glued onto the heart and then I pierced 2 holes around the girl image and slipped it through the holes.  This card may just find itself hanging in my own craft studio for myself!


For Following Challenges:
















Sunshine Blessings!

x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

5 comments :

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Nance :-) I love the sunshine and bright colours with the girl silhouette ,,,fabulous and dramatic, the sentiment is perfect too ,,, definitely one to put on your craftroom wall :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Mynnette said...

Such a darling card! I LOVE the fabulous bright colors you used, and the amazing images! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

Sparkly Engineer said...

Freakin' awesome stamping job on this card. It looks great.

Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

MichelleZ said...

Fabulous! I LOVE how you combined your stamps to create this. Very creative! And I love the cheery ink colors too. Beautifully done. Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. Happy Stamping! ~Michelle

Jessi Fogan said...

I LOVE THIS. LOVE IT. The bright colours, the fun images, and that genius sentiment. You SHOULD hang it over your desk!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs