Watercolor Trees

Friday, October 25, 2013

Happy TGIF!  

It's a slight chilly one here in NC.  Fall is definitely here as we can't see the ground or the driveway for all the leaves!  I know it may seem like I've been MIA this week, and I guess blogging I have been.  However, I've been very busy working on bits n' pieces of several projects all week.  

Our son's wedding is just 2 WEEKS away now!  So, the Salkeld household has been bustling not only craftwise but yardwork and getting ready for a trip to OKC! 

SPIES:
STAMPS: Trees(Inkadinkadoo); Sentiment(Taylored Expressions).
PAPER: Watercolor paper; white and navy cardstock; gold specialty paper.
INK: Green, yellow, royal blue watercolor paint; Teal Zeal (Memento); Versamark; Glitter Glam Hammered Copper(Tattered Angels).
EXTRAS: Gold emboss powder; ribbon die cut(Taylored Expressions); brass button; blue gem dot.

Now I can post a couple completed projects.  This one is a masculine birthday card for The Paper Players, Less Is More and Seize the Birthday challenges.

I had made the background paper from watercolors and then added the glitter paint for flecks of copper/gold.  It seemed to be the perfect background for a simple masculine card.  I stamped the trees in Teal Zeal.  Then, I distressed the edges and popped it up on navy cardstock.  I embossed the sentiment in gold, made a gold bow out of gold vellum paper, added an old brass button with a blue gem.  Oh, I was going to mention more about the bow.  It's a sweet little die cute from Taylored Expressions.  You run it through the die cut machine the glue it all together.  So easy peasy!  I had found a template online for these paper bows, but this new die cut is so much quicker.  Also, the photo doesn't do the gold flecks a lot of justice.  It's a little more subtle than it looks.


For Following Challenges:







SPIES:
STAMPS: Trees(Inkadinkadoo); Sentiment(Taylored Expressions).
PAPER: Watercolor paper; white and navy cardstock; gold specialty paper.
INK: Green, yellow, royal blue watercolor paint; Teal Zeal (Memento); Versamark; Glitter Glam Hammered Copper(Tattered Angels).
EXTRAS: Gold emboss powder; ribbon die cut(Taylored Expressions); brass button; blue gem dot.


x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

4 comments :

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Nance! I love the background you created behind the trees! Thanks for playing with The Paper Player!

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous Nance, I love the inky effect!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jessi Fogan said...

Love the messy inky joy :)
I can't believe you can still think straight with the wedding so close! WOOHOO :)

Macarena said...

Very nice card. Love the image and all the inked element. Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday!
Hugs, Marzena DT

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs