Featured Slider

Friday, October 4, 2013

Save the Hooters!



As I said earlier today, I've been busy trying to mass produce some cards to sell in an upcoming craft fair at the local hospital, where my Hubs works.  Of course, I couldn't do it without a little inspirational push for my creativity via challenges!  And, I'm early for once for them too!  LOL

Here is another breast cancer awareness project.  This time I made a bookmark along with a card. At City Crafter Challenge Blog the challenge is to make a matching card and gift.  So, As I was putting together the card, it dawned on me that it would look great as a matching bookmark too.  When I started the card, I didn't want to make the stamps too small for paper piecing.  Thus, I chose to make a tallish/slim card.  I haven't done that in a while.  And the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch was perfect.

 This is the same bra digital stamp as in my last card post and I decided to paper piece these also.  I just think it makes them pop off the page.  The sentiment is from Bugaboo stamps again also.  I colored the bra straps  and the tiny hanger hearts all the same color, Copics Pink (RV11).  After coloring, I pieced the bras, then used Copics Spring Dim Green (G8s) and Cadmium Red (R27) to match the back straps to the pattern paper color.  I adhered the stamp sheet to red cardstock.  I cut two tabs from pattern paper with a tab die and then adhered added more pattern paper before setting it all on a light pink card base.  Final touch I added crystal Stickles to the hearts on the hangers.

I repeated the same steps for the bookmark except I just adhered a back layer of red cardstock for the back of the bookmark.  I got out my old Crop-a-dile and set an eyelet, after several practice tries on scrap paper.  I'm afraid my eyelet setting skills have never been up to par, probably why I don't do is more and probably why I should do it more, to get up to par!  LOL  Now all I have to do is find a plastic bookmark sheath for the bookmark because I don't want to laminate it.
























 I then perused Google for a good and quick tassel making tutorial and found this one here.

For Following Challenges:

City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 179 ~ Matching Card + Gift



SPIES:
STAMPS:  Sentiment and Bras Digital (Bugaboo Stamps).
PAPER: White, light pink and red cardstock.  Patterned Paper:  Bloom & Grow (My Mind's Eye); This & That (Echo Park).
INK:  Computer ink; Spring Dim Green (G8s), Pink (RV11) and Cadmium Red (R27) - Copics.
EXTRAS: Tab die (Taylored Expressions).  For bookmark:  Green eyelet; Pink/white baker's twine tassel; Crystal stickles.  Card:  Crystal stickles.


More Hooter Blessings!

x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

5 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So fun, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

These are terrific and for such a fabulous cause too ... Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB!

Jessi Fogan said...

That tassel is awesome! I love this set :)

Leigh Penner said...

Okay, your paper-pieced bras are just too sweet! Lovely card and bookmark!
Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

Betty said...

Ohh what a cool card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.