Featured Slider

Monday, October 7, 2013

BUSTin' For Hope

It's Monday!  We've had a soggy one too with TS Karen rolling up the east coast.  This "rainy day and Monday" isn't gettin' me down however!  Lots of stuff going on in the Salkeld abode these days.  Two more days til the craft fair for one!  I can't mention the other stuff yet, kind of a surprise.  Of course the biggest thing is that our oldest son's wedding is now just a month away!  Four weeks from today the Hubs and I will be Oklahoma bound!  Yea!

Today,  I'm pumped on caffeine and excitement, which is a good thing because there's been little sleep.  It's like a deja vu from college days (without the alcohol)!  Oops!  No, I never did THAT--- ever <wink wink>!  Just thought I'd provide a little laugh for everyone this rainy Monday since I  am sure many of you are having a rainy day too.

Here is something else to please you --- another card for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.



I spotted this stamp in Michaels early this summer and it was just sitting on the self looking pretty, all the while subliminally whispering "buy me", "buy me", "you know you want to buy me"!  So, I did!  At least that's the story I told the Hubs!  :) 

I stamped it in Timber Brown from Staz On and then colored it with Copics.  I've put Copics on my Christmas list this year because I am severely lacking in certain colors --- pinks would be one of them.  Only draw back to the stamp is it's size --- bigger than my dies.  So I had to go old school and use an oval tracing template and hand cut it out!  <gasp>  Then, much to my surprise, I pull out my scallop oval die and lo and behold if that sucker wasn't just about right!  However, I used the "negative of the die by using the striped paper I cut an oval from and used the frame instead. 

I used the sketch from The Sweet Stop this week and pulled out pattern paper from My Mind's Eye  Lost & Found series, the "Madison Avenue" set.  The swirl is cut from the pattern paper with a Sizzix die.  I had a pink banner already cut from the paper left over from another project and decided to use it here.  I  border punched the darker paper with a bracket punch to match the label stamp and die from Taylored Expressions.  I got lucky that the sentiment stamp (Hampton Art) just fit in the label.  And I'm putting it in the Shopping Our Stash challenge too, which is Pink/Breast Cancer Awareness.

Of course when I went to get some pink rose flowers, I didn't have the right shade.  So I took out some homemade glimmer mist (cotton candy pink) and brush painted some on white prima flowers and dried them.  I would have misted them, but the sprayer wouldn't work.  Word to the wise:  don't by the cheap spray bottles from Michaels for $.99, half the time they don't spray.  Dabbing it on with a brush got the result I wanted so I'm happy.  I glammed it up with a pink ribbon, the roses and some diamond Stickles on the flowers and buttons of the image.  Every girl's got to have a little "bling"!





SPIES:
STAMPS: Image (Stampendous); Sentiment (Hampton Art); Label(Taylored Expressions).
PAPER: Brown and buttercream cardstock.  DP - Madison Avenue (My Mind's Eye Lost & Found).
INK: Timber Brown (Staz On); Rose Mist (R83) and Pink (RV11) - Copics; Cotton Candy Pink glimmer mist -- homemade.
EXTRAS: Swirl die (Sizzix Big); Label die (Taylored Expressions); bracket border punch (Fiskars); white prima roses painted pink. Diamond Stickles.  Rose ribbon and brown lace ribbon.

Monday Blessings!

x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

4 comments:

Ann said...

A very classy card, Nance, based around your 'find' at Michaels and the Sweet Stop sketch! Love the focus you have given your stamped image and love the pink and brown colour combo! Thanks so much for joining us at the Sweet Stop this week!

Jessi Fogan said...

I snickered out loud so many times...coffee? Yup. Crazy prepping? Yup. SERIOUSLY EVERY COLOUR PINK BUT A MATCHY ONE??? COME ONNNNN. Yup. :D I can't wait to hear how the sale goes :) I love the flower centre to the ribbon, how you used the negative of the scalloped die (uh, GENIUS!) and that beautiful stamp! Love it :)

Michele Duffy said...

Hey Nance! Cute card!
Also.... you won the giveaway on my blog (I made the fall block in the Paper Girls Challenge blog hop). Let me know how to contact you to get you your prize!

Cathymac said...

What a beautiful card for breast cancer awareness, Nance! Love the colors, the ribbon, and the flourish. This card is perfect for anyone fighting the disease! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!