Featured Slider

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Dressy & Fabulous

Well, I'm baaaaaack!  Seems like forever since since I've blogged or stamped or  created anything!  The past 5-6 months have been interesting.  I've  been busy at other things that I thought I wanted to do, but turns out, was not so important as it once was.  What am I talking about you may wonder?  I went back to school online, graduate school to be exact.  However after 2-1/2 months of very intense studying, missing sleep, missing my family, and more importantly, missing my stamping!  LOL  Well, no I missed my family the most.  I had the dream ever since graduating college 25 years ago that I wanted my Master's in psychology at some point.  So, 25 years later, both my sons in college, and I thought it was the perfect time.  Turns out, not so much. Turns out, being out of school for 25 years, having little tech savvy, and surgically induced "menopause brain" is not a great recipe for academic endeavors!  My head felt like it was going to explode from overuse.  So, here I am --- a graduate school dropout but I couldn't be happier!

Not only am I now getting back into the stamping groove, but I have a new studio to boot(photos at a later date)!  The youngest son moved out early August to rent a house with buddies for school and took furniture, our furniture.  We are one bed and one kitchen table short now, not to mention many kitchen gadgets!  The oldest son has been out of the house for a couple years now and getting married this November.  So, we decided to move the oldest son's bedroom into the now empty guest room and make his room my new craft studio since it is upstairs (warmer in winter) and bigger!   

Today was the first day in about six months that I have been able to sit down and use a stamp!  YEA!  Mind you, even though I haven't been stamping, I've been accumulating new stamps and goodies as I am a monthly kit subscriber at Taylored Expressions.  Now, I can finally use them!

So here is my first card in a long while --


I don't have my lightbox upstairs and also used my Iphone for the photo.  My inspiration was the photo for this week's challenge at Runway Inspired Challenge, which I didn't enter because I was too slow.  Some things don't change even after six months!  hahaha  Anyway, I used the dress die from StampinUp!, one of those new goodies of mine.  The background is a stamp, but I don't remember from where, it is several years old.  The arrows are a die from Taylored Expressions.  I used the background stamp for one of the arrows as well.  I originally was going to use grey ribbon on the dress, but I thought it needed some pop of color and so I chose the teal green ribbon and buttons. 



SPIES:
Stamps:  Background from stash; Sentiments:  Anna Griffin.
Paper:  White cardstock for card base; DP:  Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe.
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black.
Extras:  Arrow die (Taylored Expressions); dress die (StampinUp!); teal green buttons; black embroidery thread.

I'm not only a grad school dropout these days, but at least until the end of the year, I'm a "crafty bum",  and the Groom's Mother until Nov. 10th (day after the wedding). 

Happy Weekend! 

x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

4 comments:

Diane said...

Glad you are back to stamping! The pop of color is fantatic and I love your layout. Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week!

Karen Schroeder said...

Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers! I love your card!

Jessi Fogan said...

I am so happy that YOU are happy :) That is the most important thing of all. And I can tell you from my own experience that being a crafty bum is pretty freakin awesome. It comes with naps & stuff. Honest. (You still have to do dishes & that junk though!)
For not getting inky in 6 months you rocked this, Nance - love the pops of blue with the buttons, and that neat arrow/chevron die cut!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us for a drink this week at drunken stampers.