Featured Slider

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Take Flight

 Happy Saturday!  It's a chilly one here in North Carolina even being the first weekend of spring.  So maybe my card with all it's happy flowers and bright yellow background will coax the temps up!  Trying to get this posted before I set off to Chapel Hill so my son can install a new  hard drive into my laptop.  Thank goodness we still have our desktop!  However, funny how you get so used to one thing, it's hard to switch over!  Worst thing, I haven't been able to access any of my photos or files on my external drive because it is only compatible with my laptop!  UGH!  Again, creature of habit.

Anyway, I made this card using inspiration drawn from the Muse challenge this week.  And I decided to incorporate some things for a few Moxie Fab World challenges, you know, the two birds, one stone thing.

So to begin with, I painted paper.  I used my old acrylic paints to make a graduated background.  Hindsight, I probably should have painted some clear Gesso on afterwards but one thing led to another and I didn't do it.   I started out by stamping the flower image across the bottom of my background paper and I just didn't like it.  So, I painted more paper, stamped and embossed the flowers some more and then cut them out to layer them for a more 3-D effect (see below).
 

I like it a lot better now.  After stamping the flowers, girl and butterflies, I decided to stamp another butterfly on the painted paper and cut it out.  Then, I used a Spellbinders label and die cut a hole in the top of the paper to use the negative of the label.  Next I added the slate blue ric rac ribbon to the top and bottom before adhering it to the white card base with pop dots, lots of pop dots.  Then, I stamped my sentiment inside the negative label with Memento Canatloupe ink and added the third butterfly.










SPIES:
Stamps: Flowers(Recollections); Butterfly(Inkadinkadoo); Girl(Redhead Paperworks); Sentiment - Delightful Day (Taylored Expressions).
Paper:  White cardstock.
Ink:  Versamark; Cantaloupe (Memento); White emboss powder; Harvest Gold, Lemon Custard, Canary Yellow, Pale Yellow (Folk Art Acrylics); Sunshine Yellow(Adriondack Paint Dabber).
Extras:  Ric rac ribbon; Spellbinders Nestabilities Label #9.



x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

8 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Your card is lovely - it really calls out spring - like the ombre!

landerson213 said...

So pretty! I am loving yellow lately! Great ombre background! :)

Lauren
http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

Margaret Peppers said...

I love this. It is beautiful.

Cyndie said...

Lovely card; I've never painted paper but am tempted to try after seeing this. I love the effect of the acrylic paint. The second stamping of flowers is perfect, funny how something that doesn't turn out right at first can end up being a good thing.

Claire said...

Really love your Muse card Nancy - it's such a different interpretation...it reminds me of those retro patterns from the '70's. The painted background on your first card looks amazing!

Jessi Fogan said...

I LOVE how you did the sentiment, Nance! And the mix of yellows is gorgeous & perfect to brighten up the crummy weather we've got :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Nance! Thanks for linking this up to the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Nance! Thanks also for linking this up to the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)