Featured Slider

Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy Spring!

What speaks spring more than a nest full of eggs? I found this cute little stamp at my local Micheals craft store in their $1 bin. So cute! That is why I chose it for a very springy type card. The stamp is actually placed diagonally on the stamp mount, so I stamped it on white cardstock and die cut it so it would be straight on a label die cut, which I inked on the edges also.  The label is adhered to an embossed chipboard label. I stuck die cut leaf stamped branches behind the chipboard along with a bird, stamped and fussy cut. The dark coral doily behind the chipboard is a die cut from My Favorite Things, with a regular paper doily behind it.I sprayed the paper doily with some of my own homemade glimmer mist to get the rosy color.  All of these layers are placed on a DP background that is adhered to a white card base.

I've entered the card into the challenges at Papercraft Star and Shopping Our Stash.




SPIES:
Stamps:  Nest (Micheals $1 Bin); bird (Hampton Art); Sentiment (Taylored Expressions); leaves- from Friendship Blooms(Taylored Expressions)
Paper:  White and coral cardstock; DP (stash). DP (stash); chipboard(Studio18);
Ink:  Cocoa Brown, Teal Zeal, Summer Sky (Memento); Skin white, Flesh Pink, Champagne, Atoll, Ice Mint (Copics); Rose glimmer mist (Homemade).
Extras:  Embossed chipboard frame; Label die (Taylored Expressions); Leaf die (Taylored Expressions); Doily die (My Favorite Things); Lace doily.




x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous!! Love that little nest! Thanks so much for playing along at Papercraft Star!

lauren bergold said...

what a bright and cheerful card, who would not smile to see this in their mailbox! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥

Jessi Fogan said...

oooh, I love that vibrant colour on the doily! And that little nest is just adorable :) Your Michaels is much better stocked than ours! So glad you could play with us at Shopping our Stash this week, you crazy gal! :)