Beautiful Dreams

Tuesday, February 5, 2013



So has anyone else ever had one of those creative/craft moments where right after you finish a card and post it you immediately say to yourself "it just didn't work like I thought it would".  Well --- I have to be honest and say I'm having one of those moments right now!  It's not the whole card giving me that vibe, mostly that big brown swirl I thought would look so nice!  Wasn't feeling it after it got stuck down.  Note to the wise ---- be careful with those felt swirl stickers, they are verrrrrry sticky and once you get the backing off, it just sticks to everything and is the devil to position it down where you want it!  I even tried putting the backing back on and peeling it off as I laid it.  Uh, nope.  So I'm chalking this up to one of those creative brain fart moments or "what was I thinking?" moments!

Oh well, I tried.  And, of course it was after I posted to the Case Study Challenge when I had even more of that "should have left well enough alone" feelings.  Below are the details of my card.  I guess one could say that when art knocked earlier, I opened the wrong door!  hahahaha  You can see the revamped/redone version of this card here.  It's just too bad it wasn't here!



SPIES:
Stamps:  Sentiment (Inkadinkadoo).
Paper:  Whte cardstock.  DP - Homestead Companion (S.E.I.).
Ink:  Jet Black (Staz On).
Extras:  Label die Frameability (Sizzix); Fleur De Lis emboss folder (Cuttlebug); Scor Pal; felt flourish stickers (Adornit); pearl gems; prima ivory roses.
x_3d6d20b0 photo x_3d6d20b0.gif

4 comments :

Jessi Fogan said...

Adhesive felt...my nemesis! I have a couple of projects that I'm saving for when I feel up to trying to remove it somehow. I can't bring myself to throw them away.
As for 'it didn't turn out like I thought it would' my DH gave me great advice - no one else can see inside your head to your idea, and no one else will judge you as harshly as you judge yourself!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous! So elegant looking with that color scheme and the sentiment couldn't better! I actually think that the felt flourish adds wonderful interest. Sometimes I find that what doesn't look 'so great' to me is a lot of the times well received. :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Nance E Salkeld said...

I have a stack of those projects too! And, yeah, I hear you. I've got several CAS cards in the works and seems to becoming my thing a little more lately.

Nance E Salkeld said...

Thank you, Andrea. That is true, as they say,beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have saved that big flourish for a better project so it will get re-used.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs