Featured Slider

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Shabby Tradition




A Thanksgiving card for the following challenges:








I had this tag lying around for about a week trying to figure out what to do with it.  VOILA!  Here it is!  I painted it with Dylusions paint, stamped the image in Vintage Sepia and inked the edges in the same.  The flower I had put together for another project but didn't like it with it so I had it sitting there staring at me too!  I liked the sketch at Sketchbook Saturday challenge os in keeping with it, I fixed the tag to another tag.   I added the green tulle for more shabby chicness and painted the doily in the same Dylusions colors and glimmer mist and affixed behind the tag.

The background paper is a green/brown DP I have had forever and can't even remember who it is by (forgot to check before I cut it up).  I dry embossed it with a leaf emboss folder to give some more depth to the card.

I went back and forth with two different sentiment stickers.  The other one said "memories" and was a more white background with brown letters and a green border.  It was a little more vintage, but I just liked the balance of the green on here.

SPIES:
Stamps:  Pumpkin and corn (TPC Studio).
Paper:  Brown and white cardstock.  DP from stash.  Manila Tag.
Ink:  Vintage Sepia (Versafine); Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger); Lemon  zest, Postbox Red Dylusions (Ranger); Pearl Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels).
Extras:  Doily, paper distresser; flowers; leaves; green tulle; emboss folder (Cuttlebug); sentiment sticker; orange button; black gem.



2 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty! thanks for playing along at the Pink Elephant!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a fabulous, artsy look on this card! Love it :)