Featured Slider

Monday, November 5, 2012

Cat On The Bag!

Another post today --- two mini gift bags.  First, a cat bag done with paper piecing.  This was inspired by an old school Halloween craft one of my boys made in elementary school 12-15 years ago.  I found it in keepsake papers and thought it would be cute to make one for a Halloween card or craft.  As you can see from the above right photo, the original made by my son has seen better days and is actually missing a couple parts.

This is one of the crafts I had taken to my parent's to finish and once I got there I realized I did not pack any black ribbon or yarn for the cat's tail.  So, my mom to the rescue!  I took a black ribbon of of one of her gift bags in her stash.  Don't all women keep and recycle gift bags?  LOL!

Mine is made out of black cardstock.  I used a scallop oval Spellbinders to make his legs and the scallop circle to make his body and head.  I cut to small triangles for his ears and colored them with a white paint marker.  I drew his mouth with the marker also.  I used googly eyes (again) and some funky orange transparent sticky dots for his paws.  I left off the tie on mine also but added a sentiment to his tummy.   I think it made for a cute bag, which was filled with treats and given to a friend's granddaughter for Halloween.

The here on the left  I just pieced together a flower similar to the one made on another gift bag project and wrapped a ribbon around underneath the flower for a simple but elegant decoration.  I gave this bag to my friend with the granddaughter with a treat inside for her!




















No comments: