Witchie Purple

Tuesday, October 9, 2012





Love, love, love this color combo.  I came up with so many ideas of how to incorporate them but just not enough time.  I am going to make those ideas a reality, just not in time for the challenge over at The Play Date Cafe.

I even did a little painting on this card.  I used a paint dabber (purple twilight), dropped droplets here and there onto watercolor paper then spritzed with water.  I let some of the paint run down for a more runny effect then splotched it in places with a kleenex before drying it all.  I love how it turned out and I have plenty more of it to use on other projects!  It's hard to tell in the photo, but I trimmed around the "spooky" sentiment to make make a little head over the eyes and applied quotation marks for eyebrows.

I almost forgot about the black mesh on top of the purple border.  It was a mesh bag containing something I bought and I saved to re-use/recycle. Of course it was sitting in a basket for months until it hit me like a ton of bricks today that it would be perfect for Halloween crafts!




SPIES:
Stamps: Frames, silhouette (Recollections); Witch, Skeleton(Stamper's Anonymous); Sentiments (Pink Paislee).
Paper:White cardstock. Watercolor paper.
Ink: Jet Black (Staz On); Purple Twilight Paint Dabber (Ranger Ink).
Extras: Black plastic net; quotations punch; Royalty emboss folder (Couture Creations); googly eyes.







3 comments :

onecraftymama said...

GOOGLY EYES! Yes :) I love the eyebrows, and that witchy face is too fun!

~amy~ said...

EXcellent! Love the frames with the images...especially the googlie eyes! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe:)

Jocelyn Olson said...

Wow, there are so many great elements on this card. I love the eyes! The strip of watercolor paper is fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs