Featured Slider

Sunday, March 4, 2012

In Dreams...






Happy Sunday! I've been playing around in my new craft room, finally. I tried out some new paint dabbers from Adriondack. I love the result! Dabbing each color on 1/3 of a brayer at once I got a nice smooth flow between colors. I painted on white cardstock then stamped my images after the paint dried. Next, I distressed and inked the edges and added a corner ticket punch. It is adhered to brown cardstock corner punch the same, which is then adhered to lime green cardstock. I wrapped the double framed image with brown baker's twine. For some depth and texture, I stamped the sentiment onto a smaller piece of painted cardstock, used a die cut label, distressed and inked, then adhered it to a tag made from brown cardstock. I added a bit of orange paint to an already orange button to brighten the color. Finally, I added some yellow gems to the butterflies, brad on the tag and button on the twine for a little pizzazz.





SPIES:
Stamps: Images (Inkadinkadoo); Sentiment (Tim Holtz).
Paper: White, brown, lime green cardstock.
Ink: Timber Brown (Staz On); Sunset Orange, Sunshine Yellow and Lettuce paint dabbers (Adriondack).
Extras: Label 14 Die cut (Spellbinders); tag; bakers twine; brown brad; orange button; yellow gems.

7 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Wow, Nance! This is gorgeous! I love the distressing! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

Sylvia said...

What a gorgeous display of color, Nance, I love all of it's beauty! Thanks for joining us the week at the ColourQ.

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card Nance - love the interplay of colours :)

Kara said...

very pretty!! thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

LeAnne said...

Very cool technique! I love silhouettes, too! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week!

Unknown said...

Congrats Nance! Wow...great us of this weeks colors. This is stunning.

Ann Craig said...

Congratulations Nance. This card deserves its award. I love the look - the distressing combined with the warmth of the colours is beautifully earthy, and such a wonderful sentiment.